The following online materials are intended to support faculty in assigning and assessing student writing in courses across the curriculum.
Evaluating Student Writing
- A Brief Guide to Responding to Student Writing, Harvard Writing Project (2007)
- Elizabeth Hodges, "Negotiating the Margins: Some Principles for Responding to Our Students' Writing, Some Strategies for Helping Students Read our Comments", Writing to Learn, ed. Mary Deane Sorcinelli and Peter Elbow (1997)
The Elements of Academic Writing
- Gordon Harvey, A Brief Guide to the Elements of the Academic Essay, Harvard Writing Project (2009)
- Tom Deans, "Teaching Counter Argument" (2004)
- Gordon Harvey, A Brief Guide to Designing Essay Assignments, Harvard Writing Project (2009)
- "Designing a Syllabus According to the Writing Assignments"