Writing Center: Resources for Writers - Writers with Disabilities
Resources for Haverford Students
- Learning Disabilities and the Haverford Community provides explanations and definitions of learning disabilities, guides for diagnosis, and links to additional resources.
- Disabilities Services at Haverford College offers information about many types of disabilities and the Haverford community. This site specifically addresses learning, psychological, vision, hearing, mobility, and speech disabilities.
- The Heath Resource Center is a "national clearinghouse on postsecondary education for individuals with disabilities." Their site includes information about Heath, articles from current newsletters, FAQs, links to additional resources, and a list of publications, including 1999 College Freshman with Disabilities, a Biennial Statistical Profile.
- Postsecondary Education at LD Online provides advice for students with learning disabilities and links to information and articles about achieving a successful college experience.
- KidSource Online provides statistical information from the Heath Resource Center and information and resources for students with Attention Deficit Disorder.
- The National Attention Deficit Disorder Association is a broadly comprehensive site with links to research, treatment, coaching, school and ADD, work and career, and books on ADD.
Resources for Faculty
- Teaching Students with Disabilities, at UC Berkeley, contains specific suggestions for teaching students with disabilities, including learning disabilities, chronic illness, ADHD, deafness, mobility impairments, and visual disabilities. This information will be of interest both to faculty members and to students with disabilities.
- The website of the Association of Higher Education and Disability includes a list of publications related to college students with disabilities.