Writing Center: Resources for Writers - Multilingual Writers
- ESL Resources for Students (Purdue OWL)
- English as a Second Language Resources, Handouts and Exercises (Purdue OWL)
- The Internet TESL Journal's Links of Interest for Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language offers links for students to bilingualism, culture, online games using English, idioms, pronunciation, reading, speaking, vocabulary, writing, online quizzes, and more.
- The ESL Cafe is a comprehensive listing of sites negotiating a dual language experience, from bilingual education to multicultural issues, newsgroups, online ESL publications, online English courses and more, as well as specific language help (phonics, quizzes, etc.)
Grammar and Usage
- The English Zone includes links for grammar, verbs, vocabulary, spelling, idioms, conversation, study skills, reading and writing, as well as such cultural issues as jokes and holidays; the GrammarZone has quizzes of varying difficulty (easy to difficult) for common grammatical elements.
- Dr. Grammar - Frequently Asked Questions
- The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation contains links for both grammar and punctuation.
- Purdue University OWL (Online Writing Lab) Grammar Exercises: offers multiple-choice grammar exercises for common problems in usage.
- The University of Ottawa's Punctuation page describes specific elements of punctuation and offers review quizzes.
- Guide to Grammar & Writing is a usable index to issues of English grammar for the sentence, paragraph, or essay; also includes "interactive" quizzes on different grammatical elements; a listing of common grammatical errors; and "Ask Grammar," which will answer individual questions.