The Libraries have recently licensed BrowZine, an innovative tablet application that allows one to browse, read, and monitor journals from an iPad or Android tablet. With BrowZine you can review current and back issues of many research journals to which the Libraries subscribe, and download articles from these journals to your personal bookshelf. BrowZine can also push new issue content to your bookshelf.
TO ACCESS BrowZine from your iPad:
• Go to the App Store and download the BrowZine App.
• The first time you open BrowZine you will see a list of schools. Choose HAVERFORD COLLEGE, then sign in with your user name (e.g. email@example.com) and email password (this authenticates via EZ Proxy and only has to be done once).
• Select journals you want to follow from the SUBJECT drop-down menu or from the TITLES A-Z drop-down menu. (You can also search for journals using words in the journal title.)
• Get ready to browse, save articles and keep up with your journal reading!
TO ACCESS BrowZine from your Android tablet:
• Go the Google Play store, search for BrowZine, and download it.
• Follow above procedure for iPad.
To see BrowZine in action, here’s a short two-minute video.