Voice Mail Information
Once you have plugged in your phone, you will want to activate your Voice Mail.
- Dialing from your phone, call 3400.
- You will follow the voice prompts of Haverford's Octel Voice Mail System.
- Enter your temporary password (last 4 digits of your phone number + 00)
- Enter a new password. This new password can be between 6 and 15 digits.
- When prompted, state your first and last name. This recording will be what will be heard when someone selects your mailbox.
- You can press '#' to accept the recording of your name or press '*' to start over.
- Now you can record your greeting. Choose '1' for a standard system greeting or '2' to record a personal greeting.
- Record your greeting. Press '#' to accept the recorded greeting or press '*' to delete it and record again.
- You will then hear tips about using your mailbox.
You are now set to receive messages using your Voicemail Mailbox.
From your telephone, you will be alerted to the presence of new messages in your mailbox by a "stutter dial tone."/p>
Access to the System
To access the system internally:
- When prompted enter your password
- You will be then told if you have any new messages, or that there are no new messages
- The main menu will then prompt you to press '2' to send a message or '*' to exit.
To access the system externally:
- You can dial the Haverford College Voice mail system by calling 610-795-3400
- Notify the system that your are a subscriber by pressing '#'
- You will then be prompted to enter your mailbox number. This is the last 4 digits of your phone number You will then be prompted to enter your password.
- "Power Keys" "*" - Cancel or go back "0" - Help "#" - Move on to the next step.
- The "*" Key This key is used to cancel what you are doing, to erase then re-record, to re-enter an option number if the previous one was incorrect, to back up one step from the previous menu and to exit from the main menu.
- The "0" Key This key is used to obtain more information regarding explanation of options or additional options. If the help you need cannot be obtained by pressing the "0" key, refer to the Quick Reference Guide.
- The "#" Key This key forwards you to the next step immediately. As you become familiar with the system, you may choose to use this feature. For example, as soon as you hear the system greeting, you may enter your mailbox number and the "#'. It will immediately take you to the next prompt without listening to the entire greeting. Skip the next prompt if you already know what you would like to do next.