Summer Study Abroad Programs
From the Fords Down Under summer study abroad blog.
If you wish to study abroad during the summer, follow the procedures outlined in the Haverford College Course Catalog, and then contact your Dean to review these procedures. Summer Study Abroad is not under the oversight of the International Academic Programs office. The application for Summer School Credit can be found at the Registrar's website.
In most cases, Haverford will award credit for courses taken at any of the summer programs on the semester/year Approved List. Students must apply for summer school credit in advance. Credits cannot be awarded retroactively.
View the procedures for applying for Haverford credit for summer study abroad.
Students wishing to study Chinese Language in the summer must contact Prof. Shizhe Huang.
NEW: Intensive Arabic and Hebrew Language Courses for the months of July and August. Visit site >
Live the Language!
- Intensive Hebrew Summer Ulpan in July and August
- Intensive Arabic Language Program in July and August
Over the course of a single summer, participants will be able to meet and learn about Israeli society and culture in an entirely new way. Our programs emphasize a unique combination of academic learning and social experiences. Haifa is the ideal urban setting for a vibrant academic center. Located on the beautiful Mediterranean Sea, Haifa is marked by an exciting multiculturalism. Long known for its ethnic and religious tolerance, life in the city offers its inhabitants and visitors alike a mosaic of cultural events: concerts, theater, museums, clubs, cafes and beaches along the golden Mediterranean coastline.
Popular tourist sites such as the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights, Nazareth, Tel Aviv and Jerusalem are all within reach of a bus ride. We invite students to come to the University of Haifa to expand their knowledge and explore an Israel they never knew existed!
- Environmental Sustainability in the Middle East: Challenges of the Southern Arava (Ketura, Israel)
- Environmental, Social, and Economic Sustainability in Cameroon (Yaoundé, Cameroon)
- Sustainability in Europe: Approaches and Case Studies in Sustainable Development (Bremen, Germany)
Additional programs offered this summer include:
- Italian Language Immersion (Genoa, Italy)
- Russian Language Immersion (Moscow, Russia)
- Spanish Language Immersion* (Malaga, Spain)
- Fieldwork in Classical Archaeology, D.E.P.A.S. of Glas (Glas, Greece)
For additional information, brochures, or questions, please contact the Center for Global Study and Engagement at 717-245-1341 or email@example.com.
Haverford students have applied for and received credit for the following:
- Fulbright UK Summer Institute
- Pembroke-King's Programme
- IES Summer Programs
Haverford College is a full member of the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES). This means that Dean Mancini and the International Study Abroad Faculty Committee can directly admit students to their programs. View program highlights, dates and application prodecures: Vienna | Berlin | Freiburg EU | Madrid | Salamanca | Paris | Rome | Milan | Tokyo
- Copenhagen Denmark DIS for Summer
- The Villanova University Summer Programs
- Arcadia University Summer Programs
- Center for International Learning (CIL) in Muscat, Oman
- Rothberg International School Summer Programs
The University of Haifa Summer Language Programs are powerful academic and cultural experience for students of all nationalities and ages. Located minutes away from the Mediterranean Sea, amidst the Mt Carmel National Forest, students will enjoy an intense academic experience as well as enjoy the best of Israel's beaches and hiking trails.
Students study four days a week, five hours a day and live on campus in dormitories, together with local Israeli and Arab students. Our programs include a special emphasis on extra-curricular activities, and the program includes a rich program of cultural and social activities, including overnight hikes, tours, lectures and parties.
The City of Haifa is marked by multiculturalism, and religious diversity, and is known for its ethnic and religious tolerance. We invite students of all ages and nationalities to University of Haifa International School for a summer to remember!
- Amercian Councils Contemporary Russia
- Advanced Russian Language and Area Studies Program (RLASP)
- Business Russian Language and Internship Program (BRLI)
- Russian Heritage Speakers Program
- CIEE Summer Programs
- Siena School for Liberal Arts
- Freie Universität Berlin International Summer and Winter University (FUBiS)
- Coexistence in the Middle East
- King's College London Summer School
- Study Abroad to Turkey: Society, Politics, and Economy in Modern Turkey - June 17-July 8, 2013
- The Institute of Irish Studies at Queen's University Belfast International Summer School
- IFSA Butler - Community Building and Sustainable Development in Lima Peru
- IFSA Butler - Medical Spanish and Public Health in the Yucatán
- Fulbright Wales Summer Institute
- Summer Intensive Arabic Language in Tunisia
- The Taiwan-United States Sister Relations Alliance (TUSA)
- The University of East Anglia