Having Trouble Deciding?
You have several options when exploring the programs. Approved Programs provides quick links to the websites of approved Colleges and Universities. There are specific programs available for Sophomores and for our Pre-Med Students, Science and Math Majors. We also offer a PDF Library of Program Descriptions.
The EPC has determined that students who do not request and receive permission to study abroad through the International Academic Programs Office will not receive Haverford credit for their work. The EPC will not consider retroactive proposals under any circumstances. Students, who do not wish to pay Haverford tuition and/or receive credit, may not attend programs on the approved list.
Before You Begin:
- Pay attention to deadlines. Deadlines are your friend!
- Unless otherwise noted, a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required to study abroad, along with good academic and disciplinary standing. Many programs have a higher GPA requirement. See Minimum GPA Requirements >
- Course loads vary with each university. In transferring credit, it is not the number of courses, per se, but the number of semester credit hours or units that will determine the course load. See Procedures for Receiving Haverford Credit >
- Courses completed with a C or above on approved programs can fulfill major, minor, concentration and college requirements. See Fulfilling Requirements Abroad >
- All students participating in an English-language program in a non-English language host country are required to take a course in the native language at their proficiency level for the entire duration of their stay in that country.
- Students may fulfill the language requirement by successful completion (grade C or above) of one semester of intensive language study as specified by the faculty.
- You will be held accountable for the information contained within the Study Abroad FAQ. See the FAQ >
- As at Haverford, there is no guarantee that all the courses listed on the website will be available any given semester.
- In order to start the process and get in Haverford's data base, students must complete Haverford’s internal application and then apply to the specific program by Haverford's deadlines. See Applying >
- In most cases, you will be responsible for making your own travel arrangements. When the cost of airfare is included in the program fees, you will be expected to travel with the group. See Resources: Booking a Flight - Travel Aids for Students >
- Financial aid is available for eligible students. No extra forms are required. Students must submit the financial aid application to the Office of Financial Aid no later than April 20th. See Financial Planning >