Welcome: Exchange Students
Haverford maintains a number of exchange programs with colleges and universities around the world affording Haverford students the opportunity to study abroad and foreign students to study at Haverford for a semester or year. Currently Haverford has exchange programs with the University of Aberdeen (Scotland), Al Akhawayn University (Morocco), Delft University of Technology (the Netherlands), the University of Edinburgh (Scotland), International Christian University (Japan), the University of Melbourne (Australia), Sophia University (Japan), the University of Stockholm (Sweden), the University of the West Indies (Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad). Haverford welcomes exchange students from these schools for the fall semester and academic year. In rare instances, we also accept exchange students for the spring semester only.
How to Apply
- Visit Required Reading for important dates, academic information, accommodations details, application procedures, and contact information.
- Find out fees, grade conversions and other information specific to your college or university:
- Complete the Online Exchange Application (For full-time, non-degree-seeking students entering in September)
- Once you receive your letter of acceptance from the Admissions Office, return your Honor Code pledge card to Admissions.
- Students must then complete the Declaration and Certification of Finances form and return it to the Registrar, Lee Watkins. Without this document, the Registrar cannot issue the I-20 form. The form can be returned by mail or fax (610-795-7966)
- When you receive the I-20 form, you can apply for your student visa.