Hello! I am Martin Richard. Hailing from the town of Belmont, MA, I am a member of the class of 2014.
More about me and my time at Haverford in BULLET POINT FORMAT
- Physics Major, Chemistry Minor.
- Currently researching with Peter Love on the Transverse Ising Model
- Former member of Helen White's (Chemistry) lab group (I mostly just show up to lab group meetings)
- Spent the summer after my freshmen year (2011) at Harvard University in Dave Johnston's Lab performing geochemistry research (more information in the blog) thanks to a KINSC Summer Travel Stipend
- Summer 2012 is again at Harvard. This time with Physics professor Peter Love in the field of computational quantum physics thanks to the HHMI interdiscplinary scholars program
- Summer 2013 is the same as Summer 2012. I can't seem to get away from Harvard.
- I was the winner of the Haverford Math Department's 2011 First-Year Prize Exam
- I play bass in the orchestra, and a student band "The Attic Stairs". We recorded an album "Small Things" available for download NOW (for free). It was partially funded by the humanties center
- Former member of the Bi-Co Jazz Band
- One of the coolest classes I've taken is "Economics of Transition and Euro Adoption in Central and Eastern Europe" taught by Professor Banerjee. During the fall break, the CPGC funded a trip for the class to go to the European Commission and the European Central Bank.