Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Phone: (484) 337-4830
- Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Address: 130 South Bryn Mawr Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
At Bryn Mawr Hospital, a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) can:
- With your permission, administer a rape kit.
- Check for internal injuries, sexually transmitted infections, and pregnancy.
- Bryn Mawr Hospital is required by law to notify the police that a sexual assault occurred, and the police will then come to the hospital.
- You are not required to talk with the police or to make a police report in order to receive medical treatment.
- If you decide to talk with the police, you are not making a commitment to press charges against the perpetrator later on.
- The anonymous report will be included in the Annual Crime Statistics which Security compiles in compliance with the Clery Act
- An examination by Haverford College Health Services is not admissible in court as evidence, but an examination by a SANE nurse at Bryn Mawr Hospital is.