Registration for Penn and Swarthmore Courses
To register for a Swarthmore course:
- When Swarthmore courses are available, they will appear on-line on the Tri-Co Course Guide. If you want to register for a Swarthmore course, you cannot do so on-line but must fill out a form that you can print.
- Complete the top of the form with the appropriate course(s) and bring it to the Registrar’s Office to have the course(s) included with your registration;
- The final step in a Swarthmore registration is to complete the form for your registration at Swarthmore, and turn it in at the Swarthmore Registrar’s Office. If you omit step 3, you will not be registered for any course at Swarthmore.
To register for a Penn course: The University now requires pre-registration of Haverford students, so in essence, you must register for Penn courses during registration, and not during the drop/add period.
- Available UPenn courses are on-line on the College of General Studies Course Guide, http://www.sas.upenn.edu/CGS/courseguide/.
- Print the form, complete the bottom of the form, have it approved in writing by your Advisor and bring it to the Haverford Registrar’s Office along with the following UPenn registration form (see 1(b)).
- Read and follow the Penn registration instructions - included is another form that is required to register at UPenn.
- Under no circumstances are you to contact the UPenn Professor for permission to enter his/her course. Faculty members are not permitted to increase enrollment, or issue permits at UPenn. Only the departments have the ability to do so.
- UPenn has issued a UPenn Reciprocal Student Guide. Please be sure to read and understand your responsibilities as to taking courses at UPenn. Detailed instructions for PennKey setup are also included. Please note, that as a guest student, you do NOT have use of all UPenn resources, most especially their Career Services Center. Haverford provides a Career Services Center for Haverford students.