- Linda A. Bell, Provost and John B. Hurford Professor of Economics
- Wendy F. Sternberg, Associate Provost and Professor of Psychology
Haverford College Accreditation Liaison
- Catherine Fennell, Director of Institutional Research
Middle States Report
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education awarded Haverford unqualified reaccreditation after a two-year review process that engaged more than 50 Haverford faculty, staff, students and alumni in the crafting of a detailed Self-Study Report.
Every 10 years, Haverford College undergoes a reaccreditation review by the Middles States Commission on Higher Education, the unit of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools that accredits degree-granting colleges and universities. Accreditation is a process of voluntary peer review aimed at strengthening the quality of higher education. As a regional accreditor, the Commission examines the entire institution, including its educational programs, facilities, support services, admissions practices, finances, administration and governing boards.
At Haverford, the two-year Middle States reaccreditation process was co-chaired by Provost and John B. Hurford Professor of Economics Linda A. Bell, and Associate Provost and Professor of Psychology Wendy F. Sternberg. More than 50 Haverford faculty, staff, students and alumni assisted in the effort by participating in working groups focused on five broad topics: institutional vision; student life; faculty/curriculum; assessment; and governance, policies and procedures. The input of the working groups, which sought information from a wide variety of College constituencies, helped inform the detailed 109-page Self-Study Report, which was a key document in the accreditation review. The process also involved a site visit by a Middle States team in the spring.
“I am delighted to report that the result of our process of self-study, review and evaluation is that the Commission has awarded us unqualified reaccreditation, commendation and enthusiastic endorsement of our plans for the future,” said President Stephen G. Emerson '74. “I thank everybody who has been involved in the reaccreditation process and I look forward to working with you to implement the recommendations outlined in our self-study document over the next several years.”
370 Lancaster Avenue
Haverford, PA 19041
All gifts are an investment in the Haverford experience.
- Next week is #HCGivingMatters week. Post pics on Instagram showing why giving to Haverford matters to you to win a $25 Amazon gift card. yesterday
- Join us SATURDAY for 8th Dimension Easter Egg Hunt on Founders Green! Crafts at 11:30am; hunt at noon. (1 hunt for ages 2-5 & 1 for 6-10.) yesterday
- . @HCFords_BSB's Tommy Bergians '15, Haverford's strikeout record-holder, is profiled by @CBSPhilly: http://t.co/q8Yo8FbtHT 2 days ago
- Catch Prof. Darin Hayton performing “Sounds Made Up: (True) Tales from the History of Science” @PHLScienceFest 4/27: http://t.co/OFbZxH09j0 2 days ago
- Did you know famed int'nl prosecutor Carlos Castresana is teaching at Haverford this semester? Hear him speak 4/24: http://t.co/s7rWyHZ5mP 2 days ago
Social Haverford: Friend, Follow, Feeds.