Faculty Resources: Instructions for Creating a Disbursement Voucher (Check Request)
Log in to Kuali: click here
You may use this link to a visual representation of the Disbursement Voucher form, in which the sites referred to in the enumerated points are highlighted (will open in a new tab).
In Transactions window, choose Disbursement Voucher from Financial Processing menu.
Document Overview Tab
- 1. *Description – add short description of charges
- 2. Explanation – add more details if desired
Financial Document Tab
- No need to complete
Payment Information Tab
- 3. *Payee ID: Click magnifying glass
- Payment Reason Code/select appropriate category
- Vendor Name – enter asterisk/ last name/asterisk (*Sheehan*) and click search (no need to fill out any other field here)
- Of records found, click on "return value" for appropriate vendor. (If more than one address click "return value" again for desired mailing address.)
- Two choices appear, either PURCHASE ORDER or REMIT. Most faculty are requesting a reimbursement, so click on "return value" for this choice. This brings you back to the main screen, and the address will now be pre-populated.
- 4. * Check Amount: Enter reimbursement total
- 5. *Payment method – always P-Check/ACH
- 6. *Check Stub Text – text entered will appear on reimbursement check stub. You can use the same description as you used for the Description in the Document Overview Tab
Account Lines Tab
- 7. *Chart – always HC
- 8. *Account Number – check magnifying glass, can either
- 9. *Object Code
- Search for KFS Income and Expense Object Code using the ADMIN system account; Control F – search keyword or old object code -> will return search with new Kuali object code.
- 10. *Amount – Enter total to be charged to specific line's account number and object code. CLICK add (add=SAVE in Kuali) (Notice that after the fields are populated, descriptions will be shown so that one can check for accuracy.)
- 11. *Invoice Number – No specific requirement other than some text/number needs to be entered, can be random set of letters/numbers OR short description
- All other tabs can be used on an as-needed basis, but you may find some of the following helpful
- Notes and Attachments – one can scan and upload receipts as one PDF (remember to click ADD to save file upload).
Travel Expense Section
- 12. Add Name, service performance, place of performance, and Haverford College as regular employer
- 13. Destination: add location and date(s) of travel
- *14 Traveler Expenses: under Type, click drop down menu and select expense type (please make note of the prefix letters before each expense type in the drop down menu, namely:
- A- Airfare
- R-Automobile Rental
- PC- Conference Registration
- M- Moving Rental
- O- Other (Tolls, Parking, etc.)
- B- Public Transportation
- TA- Travel Advance
- Click hourglass next to company field
- For company type code, enter the prefix letter that matches the expense type, hit search and select the appropriate vendor by selecting return value (this will prepopulate the vendor information and you will be returned to the traveler expense section). Please choose OTHER option if the company you used is not listed.
- If you have multiple charges for one expense type, please combine into one line. Example: If you have multiple restaurant receipts that total $104.75 you should fill out the line as follows: TYPE: D-Meals, Company: OTHER MEALS, Amount $104.75 then select ADD.
- Repeat as needed for other expenses. Remember to click ADD to save each line item. Please note that the Expense Subtotal in this section must match the total check amount from the Payment Information section.