The Strategic Planning Steering Committee is charged with oversight of the planning process. It will delegate discrete areas of planning to working groups and has responsibility for guidance, synthesis, and compiling a final draft. The steering committee includes:
- Kim Benston, Interim Provost
- Maria Bojorquez-Gomez '16, Students Council Co-Chair (2014-15)
- Martha Denney, Dean of the College
- Claire Dinh '16, Students Council Co-Chair (2014-15)
- Phil Drexler '14, Students Council Co-Chair (2013-14)
- Richard Freedman, Professor of Music
- Dan Gordon '14, at-large student member (2013-14)
- Jess Lord, Dean of Admission & Financial Aid
- Jacob Lowy '14, Students Council Co-Chair (2013-14)
- Jesse Lytle, Chief of Staff
- Kim Minor, Staff Association
- Judy Owen, Professor of Biology
- Anne Preston, Professor of Economics
- Joe Spadaro, Chief Information Officer (2013-14)
- Dan Weiss, President (Chair)
Working groups will drive planning processes to conclusion within a small number of focus areas. The working groups in turn will engage the campus community about their planning topics as appropriate. A liaison between the steering committee and each working group will keep conversations and work among the groups in productive alignment.
Some working groups will continue where last year's work left off:
- Curricular Developments: Further develop selected academic areas with identified faculty constituencies: e.g. visual studies, area/transnational studies.
Small groups of faculty who have expressed interest in each area: HCAH SC; others TBD.
Contact: Kim Benston
- Academic Spaces: Continue to develop plans to address highest needs: Magill, Old Gym, Music, Sharpless.
Academic Spaces Planning Committee
Kim Benston, Don Campbell, Steve Fabiani, Rob Fairman (chair), Richard Freedman, Dave Harrower, Sam Hersh '15, Lili Hutchison '15, Jesse Lytle, Laura McGrane, Terry Snyder, Dan Weiss
Contact: Rob Fairman
Five other working groups would be charged with supplementing work already done on the following topics:
- Faculty: Further develop and prioritize the work of Task Force on Academic Enrichment with particular attention to faculty competitiveness and life cycle considerations.
Richard Freedman (Chair), Suzanne Amador Kane, Kim Benston, Lisa Jane Graham, Rob Manning, Jill Stauffer
Contact: Richard Freedman
- Technology: Outline technology priorities to support the College's academic program and operations and to accomplish longer-term strategic objectives.
Technology Advisory Group
Beth Willman, Josh Schrier, Darin Hayton, John Castrege, Adam Crandell, James Keane, Ava Janina Lichauco '16, Elliott Schwartz, Joe Spadaro (chair)
Contact: Joe Spadaro
- Civic Engagement: Explore the desired role of civic engagement across the curriculum and co-curriculum, as well as the programmatic structures, and resources, needed to support those aims.
Institutional Effectiveness Committee
Fran Blase (chair), Kelly Cleary, Martha Denney, Kaye Edwards, Cathy Fennell, Alice Lesnick, Jesse Lytle, Steve McGovern, Julie Sheehan, Theresa Tensuan
Contact: Fran Blase
- Student Experience: Identify ways to strengthen key elements of the Haverford experience for students within the curriculum, co-curriculum, and extracurriculum.
Franklyn Cantor, Daniel Gordon ’14 (Co-chair), Maria Bojorquez-Gomez '16, David Robinson '14, Theresa Tensuan, Steve Watter (Co-chair), Ben Wohl '14
Contact: Steve Watter or Daniel Gordon '14
- Ethical Engagement and Leadership: Consider ways to build on our traditions as a Quaker-rooted, values-centered community in order help our students advance their goals as well as the mission of the College.
Jess Lord (Co-chair), Jim Krippner (Co-chair), Ethan Adelman-Sil '16, Kelly Cleary, Ann Figueredo, Anita Isaacs, Ken Koltun-Fromm, Kayoung Lee '16, Damon Motz-Storey '16, Jill Stauffer, Dan Weiss, Helen White
Contact: Jim Krippner or Jess Lord