Nonlinear Dynamics and Fluid Instabilities in the 21st Century
May 19-20, 2011: A two day workshop to highlight recent developments and future directions in the field of nonlinear dynamics, with an emphasis on fluid processes.
This workshop, organized in honor of Jerry Gollub, highlights recent developments and future directions in the field of nonlinear dynamics, with an emphasis on fluid processes.
A series of invited talks by experts in the field will present current research and suggest future directions. There will also be a poster session and ample opportunities for discussion.
- Complex fluids, including colloidal systems
- Turbulence and turbulent mixing
- Waves and wave‐particle interactions
- Granular flows, including jamming phenomena
- Multiphase flow dynamics
- Dynamics of neural systems
- Dynamics of bacterial suspensions
- Instabilities in viscous flows
- Low Reynolds number locomotion
- Chaotic fluid mixing
- Control of nonlinear systems
- Advection‐reaction‐diffusion processes
- Geophysical flow dynamics
- Microfluidic flows and mixing
- Biological networks
Event Details and Website
- Website: http://www.ireap.umd.edu/gollub-conference/
- Conference Schedule and Attendee List: http://www.ireap.umd.edu/gollub-conference/Schedule.pdf
- Haverford Campus Map: http://www.haverford.edu/visiting/campusmap.php