office: KINSC L103
Haverflock Research Materials
Software, user guides, instructions and other useful materials developed in our lab
- ImageJ User Guide for tracking objects on videos (including birds and other wildlife): instructions from our lab on how to use the popular freeware to track objects (such as animals in the natural environment), measure and count objects, etc.
- Camera calibration, tracking and multicamera 3D video software: we use the packages by Ty Hedricks (North Carolina State) and collaborators (easyWand, DLTdv5, etc.)
- Raven Pro User Guide Supplement (an add-on to the popular Cornell Bioacoustics software package documentation: our expanded list of explanations about how the program's most popular features work, cookbook instructions on using spectrograms, detectors, beamforming, etc. and advice on audio equipment for bioacoustics and tips for field recording)
- Acoustic localization software (advice on acoustic localization microphone array design & beta python code that takes .csv multichannel sound files created by Raven Pro; computes, plots and saves in a file the position of localized sound sources as a function of time; the microphone array configuration can be flexibly input by the user; completed & tested, but no data on positional accuracy and precision yet)
- Python code & instructions on how to turn GPS files into either 3D visualizations or a set of Cartesian coordinates in units of meters, along with velocities, accelerations, etc. with adjustable data smoothing, plus a set of equipment recommendations and reviews about what to buy to do all this; sample GPS .csv data file to test it out; same data as .gpx GPS file and .kml file for Google Earth