Browse and Read Journals on Your iPad and Android Tablet!
The Libraries have begun a subscription to BrowZine, an innovative new tablet application that allows you to browse, read and monitor journals from your iPad or Android tablet. With BrowZine you canbrowse current and back issues of many of the research journals we subscribe to, then download articles to your personal bookshelf. Articles can easily be saved, emailed or synced up with Zotero and several other services. BrowZine will also push new issues of journals you saved in your bookshelf.
TO ACCESS BrowZine from your iPad:
- Go to the App Store and download the BrowZine App
- The first time you open BrowZine you will see a list of schools. Choose HAVERFORD COLLEGE, then sign in with your user name (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and email password (this authenticates via EZ Proxy and only has to be done once)
- Select journals you want to follow from the SUBJECT drop-down menu or from the TITLES A-Z drop-down menu (You can also search for journals using words in the journal title).
- Get ready to browse, save articles and keep up with your journal reading!
TO ACCESS BrowZine from your Android tablet:
- Go the Google Play store, search for BrowZine, and download it.
- Follow above procedure for iPad.
To see BrowZine in action, here’s a short two minute video: