THE JILL SHERMAN FELLOW FOR LEADERSHIP IN ADVANCEMENT
· Manage the Student Phonathon Program, including:
o Recruitment, training and management of student workers.
o Designing segmentation plan for calls and partnering with Advancement Services to collect the correct data as needed.
· Oversee the Senior Class Gift Program by:
o Creatively educating current students about philanthropy and the Annual Fund.
o Working as liaison to the student committee, guiding its efforts to help achieve Annual Fund dollar and participation goals.
· Design and lead new undergraduate initiatives through the Undergraduate Education Program, including:
o Empowering the student body with the responsibility of being an alumnus/a from freshman year on by creating a new student club and by leveraging other existing organizations and programs.
o Creating a campus-wide environment supportive of student and alumni philanthropy.
o Executing all appropriate Senior Week events as a tool for welcoming seniors into the Alumni Association.
o Working with ARAG colleagues to create a seamless transition from senior year to first year out through the Alumni Customs Program.
· Manage assigned reunion planning committees by:
o Forming a reunion committee for all assigned classes.
o Setting dollar and participation goals for reunion classes.
o Striving toward our goal of over 1,100 attendees at Alumni Weekend 2014.
o Serving as the College’s liaison to all social planning activities.
o Creating phone and email trees for volunteers to reach out to members of their class for invitation and solicitation purposes.
· Think critically, strategically and creatively about the tasks and progress of the Alumni Relations and Annual Giving collaboration. Support the team’s efforts to meet engagement, financial and participation goals. Financial goal for FY14 is $5.75M, and participation goal for FY14 is 50%.
· Other duties as assigned, including special event participation and/or management, in accordance with the overall goals of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving.
Education, Experience and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Phonathon experience required
· Strong oral and written communication skills required
· Must be organized, versatile and a self-starter
· Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment is a must
· Must work well with undergraduates, understanding their schedule and time constraints
· Extensive evening and some weekend work required
This position, created in the fall of 2007, was named to honor former Vice President for Institutional Advancement, Jill Sherman, who helped the College raise $200 million in the Educating to Lead, Educating to Serve Campaign (1997-2004). In honoring Jill’s management beliefs and practices, this position places an emphasis on expanded opportunities for professional development and training. Such opportunities may include: attendance at CASE conferences, travel with senior development professionals within Institutional Advancement, and exposure to volunteer leadership committees at Haverford. The Fellow position is designed as a two to three year position and provides standard Haverford employee benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Liz Campbell, Administrative Assistant, Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, Haverford College, 370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA., 19041. Applications will be reviewed starting the week of July 29th.