Office of Academic Resources, Educational Technology Support Specialist
The office seeks an Educational Technology Support Specialist for 14-17 hours per week for the 2013/14 Academic Year. Compensation will include: competitive hourly rate, funds for professional conference attendance, access to campus facilities. This is a one-year position with the option to apply for a second year. This is a temporary position at the college that will not extend beyond two years.
The preferred start date: August 15th, 2013
· Conduct educational workshops and learning labs with students centered around leveraging technology in their scholarship and academic projects.
· Collaborate with OAR staff, faculty and students to design and implement creative applications of technology as related to individual and group learning, presentation platforms, research opportunities, and other academic pursuits.
· Provide consultative technical guidance to the office by remaining knowledgeable of its vision, mission, and daily operational needs.
· Attend staff meetings so as to develop and maintain an understanding of the information management needs of staff and students, evaluate projects, issues, and initiatives, and recommend technology-based solutions that help the office achieve goals and improve ongoing student service related projects.
· Provide high level support for audiovisual systems consisting of smart boards, marquee displays, monitors, computers, cameras, sound systems, microphones, DVD players, etc. (Familiarity with Crestron control systems is a plus.)
· Help ensure the effective utilization of the office's technological resources by serving in a consultative role regarding new computer systems and modifications to existing systems, evaluating and recommending software and hardware, and adhering to the college’s standards and guidelines related to the web, specifications, upgrades, and purchasing.
· Troubleshoot configuration and wiring problems involving equipment racks and AMX integrated control systems and network issues.
· Prepare collaboration platforms (Adobe Connect, WebEx, Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.) for meetings and events.
· Coordinate action to resolve any prolonged technology malfunction.
· Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as recommended.
· Prepare clearly written reports to supervisors.
· Provide onsite support for occasional weekend and evening events.
· Contribute to the overall success of the office by performing all other duties as assigned and continually sharing technological expertise with office colleagues.
Bachelor’s degree required.
The successful candidate will have: a minimum of 3 years of related experience, expertise in computer/audiovisual system hardware, a background in a variety of software packages, including digital signage/display as well as Microsoft Office and Adobe products, the ability to learn additional software and systems quickly while instructing others in the critical elements of these systems, excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with learners of all levels of technical background. Other requirements include: leadership and decision making acumen, the ability to assess instructional needs and discernment of how and when to adapt to the learning needs of students and fellow staff.
The successful candidate will also be exceptionally organized and attentive to detail, demonstrate an attitude of resilience, and a commitment to appreciating diversity across the college community. S/he will also possess strong interpersonal skills, patience, humor, initiative, and openness to evolving responsibilities. Scheduling flexibility will be required, primarily around evening and weekend availability.
Send letter of application, resume or C.V. and a list of three references via email to:
Roxanne Clark (email@example.com). No telephone inquiries, please.