Office Assistant – Part-time (PT)
1. Handles a variety of office tasks of a general nature, most routine/recurring, including generating correspondence, maintaining confidential files and records, ordering office supplies, scheduling appointments and meetings, and maintaining I-9 Forms
2. Opens, date stamps, and distributes incoming mail for the HR Office
3. Assists with in-processing of new employees, including verifying and submitting new hire documentation, processing payroll forms (employee change requests, tax forms, direct deposit forms, and salary reduction agreements), and entering new hire and employment change information into the mainframe Administrative System
4. Assists with the preparation of disbursement vouchers for benefit invoices
5. Answers inquiries concerning employment opportunities with the College and routine questions from students, employees, and vendors/visitors to campus
6. Assists the HR Assistant with the Annual Benefits Fair, TIAA-CREF and Fidelity consultant sessions, and other HR-sponsored programs
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as back-up, when needed, for the posting/recruiting process for position vacancies.
2. Assists the Director, HR Generalist, and HR Assistant with various tasks, as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this position must be able to work with minimal supervision, stay organized in a busy office environment, and deal with interruptions courteously and professionally. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and, preferably, PowerPoint) required; must be willing to learn to use the College’s mainframe computer system and, eventually, PeopleSoft.
Education and Experience:
1. High school graduation required; an associate degree or completion of college coursework preferred
2. At least three years of office support experience required with high school graduation; with an associate degree, one year of experience. Prior experience in human resources, ideally in a higher education setting, is preferred.
Screening of applications/resumes will begin on May 3, 2013, with an ideal start date of June 3, 2013. All finalists will be required to furnish references.
Please submit a resume and cover letter of interest to Christopher Chandler, Human Resources Director, c/o Sandra Dunham, Human Resources Office, Haverford College, 370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA., 19041, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org