Admission Counselor – Multicultural Recruitment
The Admission Counselor will also be involved in other aspects of admission operations as assigned by the Dean of Admission, depending upon specific skills and interests.
The position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to relate to a broad range of constituents (students, parents, alumni, high school counselors, etc.), have an appreciation for and sensitivity to a variety of backgrounds and traditions from which students may come, and the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
A more specific list of responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Traveling within a defined national territory to visit high schools, attend college fairs and conferences, and interview students.
- Reading and evaluating applications and participating in the committee process to select candidates for admission.
- Interviewing prospective candidates on and off-campus.
- Conducting information sessions.
- Answering admission inquiries from prospective students, parents, high school counselors, and others.
- Planning and implementation of various on and off-campus programs and initiatives.
- Building and maintaining relationships with high schools and community-based organizations.
And may include, but not be limited to:
- Oversight of student volunteers and student employees (multicultural recruitment interns, student interviewers, overnight hosts, tour guides, and in-office hosts).
- Serving as liaison with other campus offices and/or departments.
- Working with alumni admission volunteers.
- Support of day-to-day admission processes.
A Bachelor’s degree is required for this position, as is a valid driver’s license. No prior admission experience is necessary – this is an entry level position. This position would report directly to the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest by May 3, 2013 to Mr. Jess Lord, Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, 370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA, 19041. Application materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.