MANAGER, FINANCIAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Assists users in identifying and solving system issues and problems related to College financial processes, testing solutions and implementing the solutions.
- Designs and prepares reports accessing KFS data, and also PeopleSoft student billing system data.
- Maintains KFS and ensures updates and changes are done correctly and in a timely fashion. This includes the testing of upgrades and changes.
- Assists and trains staff in the use of KFS, the reporting software and any other financial system used at the College; evaluates and makes recommendations for additional staff training, if necessary.
- Provides and updates training and reference materials for the Business Office staff and College user community.
- Assists the Controller with evaluating electronic business processes and in implementing improvements.
- Documents the above business processes by creating and updating written documentation with appropriate diagrams, flowcharts, etc.
- Supports the Business Office staff during the year-end audit by developing reports and reconciliations needed by the auditors or staff.
- Maintains access and security controls for systems workflow.
- Provides effective liaison services with IITS, the Kuali Foundation or consultants in working on systems issues and in participating on College committees involving system changes and modifications involving the Business Office.
- Develops and carries out plans to implement new systems functionalities for such areas as Budget Construction, Endowment Management, ACH for Accounts Payable and Student Refunds, and electronic invoicing for vendors.
- Develops and maintains interfaces with other financial systems used by the College community.
- Encourages and works with members of the College community to utilize KFS for effective financial management and reporting to eliminate or reduce dependence on “shadow systems”.
- Monitors the Kuali and PeopleSoft listservs and keeps staff apprised of issues and solutions. Contacts the listserv members for solutions when issues arise that cannot be handled within the College.
- Other duties as assigned
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills when interacting with members of the College community and representatives of government agencies, auditors, bankers, service providers and others outside the College.
· Demonstrates and maintains expertise in specialty areas through advanced professional training or work in the field.
· Demonstrates and maintains expertise in personal computer equipment and software, such as word processing, spreadsheet and database programs. Maintain proficiency with integrated campus databases (KFS and PeopleSoft). Trains and consults with other users as appropriate.
· Understands how accounting data is stored in an integrated database format and is able to manipulate the data to provide management reporting.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, or equivalent experience in accounting.
- 5+ years of experience working with relational database systems in a business environment, preferably in higher education.
- 1+ year of experience with supporting users of complex accounting software with queries, report writing and troubleshooting in a relational database environment.
- Proficiency with database reporting tools such as Microsoft Access and Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, and Word.
- Excellent personal computing skills.
- Detail orientation with a passion for accuracy.
- Service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and with others
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3/15/2013 (email responses only). This is a full time temporary position with benefits, estimated for at least a 2 year period.