NEW! Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship Year at Casa de los Amigos in Mexico City
About the program
The CPGC will fund a recent graduate to work with our partners at the Casa de los Amigos in Mexico City as a full-time Casa volunteer. Established in 1956 by the Quaker community in Mexico, the Casa’s work continues to be rooted in Quaker values. Through its programs, community space, and social and cultural activities, the Casa seeks to:
· nurture a space of community, exchange and refuge in Mexico City;
· encourage understanding and dialogue;
· promote peace, nonviolence and conflict transformation;
· strengthen the role of Mexican civil society.
Working between 40-45 hours per week in a grassroots social justice organization, the fellow’s work would revolve around issues of hospitality, migration, and economic justice. The fellow will join the Casa’s staff as one of many full-time volunteers living in community and working to accomplish the Casa’s mission. Additionally, the fellow would work in conjunction with the CPGC to plan and execute future Haverford-Casa collaborations such as the summer internship program and the Migration Field Study.
· Two round-trip tickets from the US to Mexico
· International health insurance
· Modest monthly stipend
· Professional development funds
· Local transportation stipend
· Free housing and daily breakfast with the Casa
· Financial bonus at the completion of the program
Applicants must be highly proficient in Spanish and demonstrate a commitment to social justice and living in community.
Deadlines and Program Dates
Applications due: February 3, 2013 to email@example.com
Program dates: August 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
Note: Fellow will need to return to the U.S. to renew insurance and tourist visa 6 months after program begins.
Before you Apply:
For more information about life as a Casa volunteer, please visit the Casa’s website: http://www.casadelosamigos.org/en/volunteer/. The CPGC encourages all applicants to contact CPGC International Programs Coordinator Chloe Tucker (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Casa Volunteer Coordinator Heather Nicholson (email@example.com) for more information.