Important Information for the Class of 2014
To: All First Year Students From: Koffi Anyinefa, Chair, Department of French & Francophone Studies Re: Placement Test Date: August 18, 2010
Dear First Year Students,
First of all, welcome to Haverford. I hope you’re enjoying the remaining days of the summer break.
As you know all First Year Students who have had any prior French and would like to take a French course at Haverford must take a Placement Test that will allow the French Faculty to place you accurately in a course of your choosing.
I’m writing to inform those of you who would like to take a French course that the French Placement Test will be taken online. You may want to take it prior to, or upon, your arrival on Campus wherever and whenever you can find the appropriate time (approximately 30 to 45 minutes) to do so. At any rate, the test should be completed before 5pm on Thursday, August 26. For those of you who do not have access to a computer, we have reserved the Language Learning Center for Thursday, August 26 (12noon - 4:00 pm).
Here is what you have to do to take the Placement Test:
1. Go to https://blackboard.haverford.edu/bin/common/course.pl? course_id=_71590_1 to fill in the Personal Fact Form. You will be automatically enrolled as a member of the Class of 2014.
2. Log onto http://webcape.byuhtrsc.org?acct=haverford to take the French Placement Test.
3. Type in the password (case-sensitive): paris-dakar
4. Select your language: French
5. Take the test by following the instructions
Should you have any question or problem, please to not hesitate to e-mail (email@example.com) or call me (610-896-1438).
Koffi Anyinefa, Chair
French & Francophone Studies