Blogs : Getting Started
Blogging doesn't require any great time investment or know-how. Posts can be short and photos are encouraged. We'd love you to include stories of your travels, studies, and any personal and social elements you feel appropriate when blogging. Check out our Haverford Bloggers for some great examples.
We feel the Honor Code applies to blogging and will not be screening your content prior to posting *. Our rules are simple:
- No Pornographic Content
- No Hate Speech
- No Slander
This being said, it is important to remember that your blog will appear in Google searches, a feed might appear in multiple places on the Haverford College website, and anyone could be reading your posts. It is advisable that you blog in a way you’d be comfortable having a future employer, your grandmother or the Dean of the College read.
* If an entry is causing technical difficulties, we may need to apply formatting changes to ensure your posts and pictures display properly.
Blog for Haverford College
The Office of Communications will provide blogs for students, staff or faculty interested in sharing with the community. Most often these are for trips / internships abroad, long term projects, etc. and are not intended to be used as personal diaries. We are happy to provide training, troubleshooting assistance and customization. Please contact us for more information.
- Post not showing? Make sure you hit Publish! Saving alone will not make your post live.
- Can't remember your password? Wordpress will reset it and email a new one.
- Need to update the info on the About page? Email us the changes!
- Post looks weird? Read about why not to cut & paste from Microsoft Word and how to fix what Word does to posts.