How to type Phonetic Guide (ふりがな）
You need to activate your keyboard first.
Office 2008 for Mac (This is the program we have in the ITC)
1. Double Click on the HD the desktop > Open Microsoft
Office 2008 folder> Additional Tools > Microsoft
Language Register > double click Microsoft Language
Register and select Japanese
2. Log out and Log back in.
3. Open Microsoft Word
4. Type Kanji and Highlight the Kanji.
5. Go to Format > Phonetic Guide and type Furigana there.
Office 2007 for PC
1. Type Kanji and Highlight the Kanji.
2. Click the Phonetic Guide button. You can get the same window by right-clicking.
3. Type Furigana.