Activate Keyboard for Typing in Japanese.
If you want to type in Japanese, you need to activate
keyboard for typing. Select your OS and follow the
You might need the Windows XP CD
1) Go to Start > Control panel > Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options >Regional and Language Options.
2) Click on the Languages tab.
3) Check the Install East Asian Languages box.
4) Click Apply.
5) Restart the computer.
6) Go back to the Languages tab.
7) Click on the Details... button.
8) Click on Add... in the new window: you'll be presented with a choice of input language and keyboard layout/IME.
9) Select the input language and keyboard.
Input Languages: Japanese / Keyboard layout/Microsoft
IME Standard 2002 ver 8.1
11) Open any Windows application then make sure the Language Bar menu on top is set to the input language you want.
1) Click on Start button and then
select Control Panel.
2) Under Clock, Language, and Region area, select Change keyboards or other input methods link. Note: If you are in the Control Panel Classic View then double-click on Regional and Language Options icon and click on the tab keyboard and languages.
3) Click on the Change keyboards…button then click on Add… button.
4) Select the input language and keyboard.
Japanese - Japanese Microsoft IME
5) Click OK to add the selected
keyboards to the Installed Services.
6) Click OK to confirm and apply your new language settings.
7) Open any Windows application then make sure the Language Bar menu on top is set to the input language you want.
1. Go to the Apple menu and open Systems
2. Click the International icon on the first row of the Systems Preferences panel.
3. Click the Input Menu tab and check Kotoeri.
5. On the upper right portion of the screen, click on the Hiragana or Katakana.