Audacity is free and available for both Mac and PC.
Download Audacity for your operation system and also LAME MP3 encoder that allows Audacity to export MP3 files. LAME MP3 encorder is available on the same page.
When you first export a file as MP3, the program asks you where the MP3 encorder it. Select the LAME MP3 encoder you downloaded from the site. This happens only the first time you export as mp3.
1. Turn on the microphone. The green light should come on.
2. Go to Apple > System Preferences > Sound> Input and select AK 5370 (USB) (or any microphone you are using.)
3. Open Audacity from the Dock. Go to Audacity > Preferences > Recording and select AK
5370 for Device.
If AK 5370 does not appear as one of the options, restart Audacity and try again.
4. Click the red button to start.
5. Click the yellow square button to stop.
6. When you are done recording, Go to File > Export As MP3.
7. You might get a warning window.
"Your tracks will be mixed down to a single mono channel in the exported file."
Click the box next to "Don't show this warning again."
8. Type the name of the file next to Save MP3 file.
For example, lastnamehomework1.mp3 ( Keep the .mp3 at the end of the file name and do not include any space in the name.)
9. Click Save.
10. You will get a window "Edit the ID 3 tags for the MP3 file" -You do not make any changes. Just click OK.
You should be able to find the MP3 file where you saved.
If you cannot record your voice,
• Check the volume at the top of the screen next to the day and time. The volume needs to be up so that you can hear what you have recorded.
• Check the System Preferences
1. Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2. Select Sound.
4. Select Input and make sure that AK5370 is selected.
5. Close System Preferences.
• Check the Audacity Preferences
1. Click Audacity > Preferences.....
2. In the Audacity Preferences window, select Audio I/O> Recording > Select AK5370.
If you download a master sound and want to add your voice, please check Audacity > Preferences > Audio I/O > Play other tracks while recording new one is selected.