Wenlin Chinese-learning software.
How to open documents in WenLin
1. Use workstation ITC 15 or 16 and reboot the computer in Windows XP or Vista if neither one is already running.
2. Open Wenlin from the desktop.
3. Go to File > New Document to open a document.
How to look up words in the dictionary
1. Choose the hand icon from the side toolbar.
2. Click on any English or Chinese word you wish to look up. For Chinese words or idioms with multiple characters, hold down the mouse button while selecting the necessary characters. Definitions will open in a new window.
How to listen to a character’s pronunciation
1. Choose the “mouth” icon from the side toolbar.
2. Click on the Chinese character or Pinyin you wish to hear.
How to input Pinyin and Characters
1. Choose the I-beam icon from the side toolbar and click where you wish to enter text.
2. Type in the pinyin by entering the syllables followed by the tone (using the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4).
3. To convert to Chinese, go to Edit>Convert after selecting the pinyin
text. If a menu of characters appears, click on the one you wish to use.
Simplified and Traditional Characters
To change Wenlin between simplified and traditional characters, select or deselect Simple Form Characters from the Option tab.