Course reserve materials are items that are required or supplemental readings for a course. A professor places them on reserve so that the greatest number of students can use this material in a short amount of time. Copyright law determines how many photocopies of an article or a part of a book may be placed on reserve for a given class.
The following guidelines and forms apply to the Reserves Department at Magill Library. If you need to place materials on reserves at Union Music Library or White Science Library, contact the Music Librarian, Adam Crandell (email@example.com) or the Science Librarian, Dora Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have any questions not answered below, contact Theresa Donahue at email@example.com or 610-896-1176.
- Reserves Request Form
Print, complete and submit with articles and book chapters to be scanned for electronic reserves in Moodle; it may also be used for items on in-house reserves at Magill.
- Web-based Reserves Request Form
Use for items to be placed on in-house reserves at Magill only; it may NOT be used for articles and chapters intended for electronic reserves in Moodle.
How do I...
- Manage my own Moodle sites?
- Place items on electronic reserve in Moodle for the entire semester all at once?
- Place some items on electronic reserve in Moodle at the beginning of the semester and then more as the semester progresses?
- Place items to which we have an electronic subscription on electronic reserve in Moodle?
- Place items in different file formats on electronic reserve in Moodle?
- Know about copyright guidelines and Fair Use practices regarding electronic reserves?
- Have my photocopies returned to me?
- Place Tri-College-owned books, videos or reprints on in-house reserve?
- Place books, videos or other items not owned by the Tri-College library on in-house reserve?
- Place books, videos or other items already on reserve at another Tri-College library on in-house reserve?
- Place personally-owned books, videos or other items on in-house reserve?
- Place rented videos on in-house reserve?
- Place reprints on in-house reserve?
- Arrange for a viewing of a video on reserve?