The following persons may have courtesy borrowing privileges at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges upon presentation of the appropriate documentation:
- Faculty/staff partners and children associated with any of the three colleges.
- Faculty affiliated with E-ZBorrow Libraries. Ask at your institutional Library to obtain introduction papers needed for establishing borrowing privileges.
The following persons may have courtesy borrowing privileges at Haverford libraries upon presentation of the appropriate documentation. A courtesy borrower card will be issued by a full-time Circulation Services Staff member in Magill Library. Note that these borrowing privileges do not extend to the libraries at Bryn Mawr and Swarthmore.
- Haverford Board of Managers and Members of the Corporation must present picture ID, e.g. a valid driver's license.
- Faculty from local area schools and colleges must present a letter of introduction from the library, provost or department chair of their institution.
- Religious leaders in the community must present a letter of introduction from the administration of their religious organization.
What may be borrowed and for how long
|Material||Loan Period||Renewals||Overdue Fines|
|Books (in general)||28 day loan period||2 by phone, e-mail, or online; 3rd by bringing item to desk||3 week grace period with no fines, after that: at least $15 fine|
|Recalled materials (all items are subject to recall after 2 weeks)||Generally due 5 days after the other patron's request; Cannot recall from other patrons||Not renewable||$2 per day|
|Videos/DVDs||4 days (Limit: 3 at a time)||1 renewal||HC,BMC: 10 day grace, then at least $15 fine*; SC: $1/day|
|Periodicals/Journals||In library use only; do not circulate|
|Science & Music Journals||In library use only; do not circulate|
|Sound Recordings||1 week||HC: 1 renewal||HC: 10 day grace period; then at least $15 fine*|
|E-Z Borrow books||Not available for use|
|Interlibrary Loan books||Not available for use|
|* Note: After the grace period a bill is sent that includes a replacement cost for the material, a $10 processing fee and a $15 billing fee.|