Programs: Student Travel Stipend
Funds are available to support travel to professional meetings and workshops.
Funding can support a student as part of a faculty- supported project or student-initiated academic experience in the sciences. Requests must be made at least two weeks in advance of travel, require sponsorship of a faculty member, and should not exceed $1,500.00. The KINSC generally does not fund travel to attend courses for college credit or commuter costs. The KINSC works jointly with the Provost's office to review applications and, in appropriate cases, may recommend the provision of a grant from the Louis Green Fund.
Past projects have included:
- Tnternational Coral Reef Symposium, Cairns, Australia
- Travel to the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing
- American Society of Hematology Conference
- Research cruise in the South Pacific collecting deep sea corals with alum Jess Adkins ‘90
- Immunology research at the University of Minnesota
- American Chemical Society National Meeting
- Research with the Department of Biophysical Chemistry at Lund University, Sweden
- Internship with St. Kitts/Nevis Veterinary Authority
- International Service Learning in Costa Rica and Nicaragua
- Elsevier Conference on Immune Tolerance, Amsterdam, Netherlands