Programs: Off-Campus Conference Funding
Funds are available to support travel to conferences and professional meetings.
Funding can support a student as part of a faculty- supported project or student-initiated academic experience in the sciences. Funding preference will be given to students presenting research at a conference for the first time, students who have a clear plan for dissemination of their project, and students traveling with a faculty member or research mentor. Requests require sponsorship of a faculty member, and should not exceed $1,500.00. The KINSC works jointly with the Provost's office to review applications and, in appropriate cases, may recommend the provision of a grant from the Louis Green Fund.
Some of the travel funded in Academic Year 2012-13:
- Rose Abernathy '13 - Game Developers Conference, San Francisco, CA
- Aaron Buikema '13 - Naval Academy Science and Engineering Conference, Annapolis, MD
- Makeda Carroll '13 - GETHealth Conference, New York, NY
- Nathaniel Gallup '13 - Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics Meeting, Paris, France
- Sarah Harrison '13 - International Coral Reef Symposium, Cairns, Australia
- Kelsey Meisenhelder '13- Geological Society of America Section Meeting, Bretton Woods, NH
- Ruben Monarrez '14 - National SACNAS Conference, Seattle, WA
- Emma Sawin '13 - Joint Mathematics Meeting, San Diego, CA
- Patrick Williams '14 - Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill and Ecosystem Conference, New Orleans, LA