Institutional Effectiveness Committee
The function of the IEC is to spearhead, organize, and oversee assessment activities at the College, and to engage in data collection/compilation projects that help the College meet its near- and long-term institutional goals (as articulated by the President and Senior Staff). Haverford’s approach to institutional improvement arises from our institutional vision and goals, and is implemented through comprehensive evidence-based planning and institutional structures for assessment and evaluation. A summary of institutional planning, assessment and significant outcomes is available here.
The committee makes recommendations to the College’s academic and administrative departments regarding data gathering and information sharing, will monitor departmental compliance with assessment activities, and will help to establish a visible structure for the summary, documentation, and communication of assessment efforts at the College. The IEC will assists academic departments in student learning assessment projects , and will facilitate the sharing of information from the College’s data systems in order to assist all departments in evaluating whether they are meeting their goals.
The Institutional Effectiveness Committee membership in 2013-2013 is:
- Maris Gillette, Associate Provost for Curricular Development and Support and Professor of Anthropology, IEC Chair
- Catherine Fennell, Director of Institutional Research and Assistant to the President for Special Projects, IEC Vice-Chair
- Steve McGovern, Associate Professor of Political Science and EPC Representative
- Donna Mancini, Associate Dean of the College, Dean of Global Affairs
- Diane Wilder, Assistant Vice President, Institutional Advancement
- Terry Snyder, Librarian of the College
- Jesse Lytle, Chief of Staff, President's Office
- Spencer Golden, Director of Enterprise Systems, Instructional and Information Technology
- Chris Chandler, Director of Human Resources
- Cris Fuller (ex officio), Research and Assessment Analyst, Provost's Office