Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Administrative Assistant, Registrar’s Office
The Administrative Assistant (full-time, staff) provides a wide range of logistical and administrative support for the Registrar’s Office at Haverford College. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Registrar and supports the Associate Registrar.
Originally posted on: 07/09/14
Working under minimal supervision, the Administrative Assistant will serve as a primary point of administrative contact, liaison with other departments (faculty, students and staff), and provide primary support with daily office operations, including short term and long term projects. The Administrative Assistant should be adaptable and possess a willingness and interest in learning new skills and technologies within a team environment.
· Serve as a primary point of contact for the Registrar’s Office.
· Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff and visitors to the Office.
· Perform tasks essential to the Office such as: processing transcripts, transfer of credit, requests for leave and study abroad, commencement preparation, etc.
· Utilize PeopleSoft to assist with the maintenance and accuracy of student records and course offerings.
· Coordinate Office administrative activities, provide word processing, order supplies, produce printed materials for meetings as needed, and help to organize and maintain paper and electronic files.
· Handle logistics - travel, accommodations, etc. for professional development for the Office staff.
· Assist with tracking of monthly expenses and budgetary planning.
· Assist in the creation of reports for various constituencies.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· At least three years of work experience, two or more years’ higher education administrative experience in a Registrar’s Office preferred.
· Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.0 strongly preferred.
· Experience with Registrar’s Office and Academic Affairs operations.
· Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Word and Excel.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be customer service-oriented.
· Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills.
· Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills.
· Integrity in dealing with confidential information.
Send a letter of application, a c.v., and list of three professional references to email@example.com .