Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Manager of Networking and Information Security
Haverford College is seeking a Manager of Networking and Information Security to lead our Networking team and information security efforts.
Originally posted on: 07/08/14
Description and Essential Duties:
The Manager of Networking and Information Security is a highly technical, hands-on position responsible for both operational and technical leadership of networking and information security. The networking team has responsibility for the ongoing operation of the wired and wireless network and the systems that protect and monitor them. This position serves in four key roles:
- Team Leadership. The networking team needs a dynamic leader who can simultaneously provide hands-on day-to-day technology management across the continuum of network-related services while also coordinating the work of two talented network engineers.
- Vision and Strategic Network Planning. The Manager must have the ability to articulate, document, plan and implement a vision that aligns with the strategic goals of the department and the College.
- Project Management and Advanced Technical Implementation. Several major projects are underway including the replacement of the College’s fiber optic infrastructure, increased wireless coverage campus-wide and comprehensive documentation. The manager must be an engineer with a talent for leading projects through collaborative planning processes, documentation, and technical implementation.
- Information Security. Haverford’s technology environment must be secure. The Manager must bring a clear understanding of the information security landscape, from applicable law to best practices and champion the principles and practices necessary to maintain a secure technology environment.
Success in this role will require a combination of:
· A record of professional success in network engineering, information security, project management and leadership.
· Expert level proficiency across the continuum of networking technologies including copper- and fiber-optic network infrastructure; switching, routing and monitoring protocols, principles and equipment; firewalls and other network security devices; DNS and DHCP; wireless network technology; VPN services; VoIP, network performance metrics tracking.
· Strong applied understanding of information security principles, applicable law, and best practices.
· Expert level proficiency with Linux or Unix operating systems and understanding of network configuration for Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS devices.
· Excellent project leadership skills with a track record of leading major network projects, including planning, documentation and implementation.
· Specific experience with Alcatel-Lucent, Juniper Networks, Aruba Networks, and Fortinet products is preferred.
The successful candidate will bring a combination of a bachelor’s degree in a technical field and experience in the requirements of this position through full-time employment experience.
The successful candidate must also have excellent organizational, interpersonal, reading, writing and spoken English skills and a clear sensitivity of, and respect for, the uniqueness of a higher education environment.
Because this position may need to unpack, assemble and connect network and computer hardware, candidates must be able to lift 50lbs and work in spaces where networking equipment and servers are typically found.
About Haverford College:
Located on a wooded suburban campus less than ten miles from the center of Philadelphia, Haverford College is a highly selective liberal arts institution of approximately 1200 students, 500 staff and more than 100 faculty. Founded in 1833, Haverford was the first college established by members of the Society of Friends (Quakers). While the college is not formally affiliated with any religious body today, the values of individual dignity, academic strength, and tolerance upon which it was founded remain central to its character.
In addition to providing a great work environment, Haverford offers generous benefits programs for professional employees, including outstanding medical/dental, vacation, and retirement benefits.
Please tell us how you meet these qualifications in your letter of application, and submit your letter, resume, three references and salary requirements by e-mail to: email@example.com No calls please. No agencies please.