Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Admission Process Assistant
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Office Assistant provides administrative support to the Office of Admission. The position requires strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; the ability to relate to a broad range of constituents (students, parents, alumni, high school counselors, etc.); and the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
Originally posted on: 06/30/14
This is a 12-month, part-time, exempt position, working 5 days/week & 30 hours/week; this position is fully benefits-eligible.
· General support of the various administrative tasks associated with all dimensions of the admission process (including the recruitment of and outreach to prospective students; the application and decision-making process; and the enrollment of new students).
· Managing the application document import process, including the scanning and logging of application materials.
· Manual data entry of student information and application materials.
· Uploading of spreadsheets using a web-based data management system.
· Assistance with mailings.
· Serving as phone back-up for the main admission line.
· Serving as a back-up to the receptionist, requiring management of phones and providing customer service to visitors.
· Managing the general admission email account.
· Other related tasks and duties as assigned in support of the work of the Office of Admission.
· High School Diploma required; college degree preferred.
· Ability to be a team player, multitask, and function courteously and efficiently within a busy, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
· Comfort and proficiency with various computer functions and programs: Microsoft Word and Excel; document scanning; web-based data management platforms.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest by July 23, 2014 to Donna Manini, Operations Manager. Application materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.