Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Senior Administrative Assistant (Academic Services Coordinator)
Haverford College seeks a Senior Administrative Assistant (Academic Services Coordinator) to work with our Provost Office.
Originally posted on: 06/02/14
The Senior Administrative Assistant (Academic Services Coordinator) position is envisioned as a high level Faculty Administrative Assistant, who would perform not only all of the duties of a Faculty Administrative Assistant (see attached description), but would also assume responsibility for routine but critical duties in the Provost’s Office, such as:
· serving as administrative assistant to concentrations and minors as needed;
· providing administrative assistance to the two Associate Provosts;
· providing office coverage and administrative assistance both for the Office of the Provost and the faculty administrative assistant pool;
· filing and file organization;
· assisting with event planning;
· assisting departments undergoing external review; and
· Special projects as assigned.
Requirements: This position requires a college degree and 3-5 years of experience with progressive responsibility in an administrative support capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong technological background required (e.g. internet research, database management, visual presentations, Excel, Word and Powerpoint). Must be self-directed yet collaborative and able to multitask and prioritize a changing workload. Experience working in an academic setting is strongly desired.
Position Title: Faculty Administrative Assistant
Position Reports to: Senior Assistant to the Provost for Assessment, Analysis and Administrative Support
Job Summary: Provides full administrative support to the faculty and department chairs in the assigned location by performing recurring procedures, and also by acting on non-routine situations through application of office guidelines and general practices. Performs duties with minimal direction. Requires general supervision for assigned special activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide full administrative support to the faculty and department chairs. Create and maintain calendars of their administrative duties, making certain College deadlines are met and compile/prepare complex reports at their request.
2. Coordinate the preparation/duplication of course packets, assignment sheets, etc. Prepares routine correspondence, syllabi, recommendations, one-time reports and special departmental specific materials. Responsible for own, and to a limited extent, principals’ quality of work by reviewing materials for accuracy and conformity with procedures. Utilizes specialized and technical terminology. Ensures that copies and attachments are accurately distributed in a timely manner.
3. Coordinates special events for the department/programs. Works with department chair, program and concentration coordinators and the Registrar’s Office to schedule courses and classroom assignments. Works with Director of Academic Scheduling and Distinguished Visitors to set up speaking engagements, travel arrangements, overnight accommodations, and dinners for guest lecturers. Generates and distributes announcement and coordinates lecture series. Anticipates needs and prepares materials for speakers.
4. Regularly reviews the department website in consultation with the department chair. Submits requests for updating and/or revising content to the Academic Web Support Specialist.
5. Tracks department/program expenses. Coordinates administrative forms processing for the office. Maintains highly reliable record-keeping system. Exercises discretion in all matters of confidentiality.
6. Oversees/assists in training student support staff.
7. Orders supplies and distributes mail in a timely fashion.
8. Under direction of the supervisor, may conduct special projects as assigned.
9. Responsible for maintaining office machines and equipment, coordinating repair services as needed.
10. Act as building advocate. Notify Facilities Management Coordinator of building issues that need attention and follow up to ensure issue has been resolved.
To apply: https://forms.haverford.edu/provost/view.php?id=23393