Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: General Food Service Worker
Perform a variety of duties associated with the preparation and service of meals and sanitation for board plan, summer conferences, and special events within the Dining Center. Position requires maintaining the highest level of customer service at all times. This year-round, full time, non-exempt hourly position requires working early morning hours, evening hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
Originally posted on: 03/24/14
- Serving meals to customers ensuring proper quality and portion size, while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Update temperature logs at each meal and communicate needs to cooks.
- Maintain front of house serving areas including beverage stations, salad & deli bars, serving lines, snack and dessert areas and dining room. Ensure areas are fully stocked, visual presentation is correct, and areas are clean.
- Work as cashier for the dining hall. Swipe ID cards for students and guests who have a meal plan, and accurately process all cash transactions.
- Assist in basic food preparation for meals. Tasks may include slicing deli meats & cheeses, chopping vegetables, preparing salads, desserts, & fruits as well as cleaning work area and equipment used.
- Familiarity with basic cooking procedures which may include steaming, baking, deep frying, and grilling.
- Assist in sanitation tasks of the dining operation. This includes working in the dish room / pot room, maintaining trash and recycling areas in dining center, sweeping & mopping, and wiping tables and counter tops.
- Adheres to standards outlined by sanitation program (ServeSafe) and local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Assist in training of student worker staff.
- All other duties as assigned or directed.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Demonstrated ability to read and follow written instructions (menu/production sheets) and perform simple arithmetic.
- Good manual dexterity and good sight.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have solid reading, hearing, and speaking skills.
- Must be mobile between work stations and numerous campus buildings.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to bend over / lift up and down, and climb stairs. Position requires ability to stand for periods up to 4 hours at a time.
- Working knowledge of safety precautions associated with the food service industry. Must have, or be able to maintain current ServSafe certification
- Prior experience in dining service preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Prior cashier experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize dining service equipment such as slicer, deep fryer, grill, and steamer.
- Must be available to work catered events and special functions.
- Is considered essential staff and must work during declared bad weather days.
To apply for this position, please email resume and cover letter to Corey Wilkinson, Dining Center Manager, email@example.com. NO PNONE CALLS PLEASE.