Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Senior Sports Information Director
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Senior Sports Information Director will administer sports information and other
public relations functions for the Department with the approval of the Director of Athletics.
Originally posted on: 03/11/14
- Prepares news releases for disbursement. Reports results of all sports competitions to local, regional and national concerns. Prepares and sends feature stories to hometown papers. Must be able to meet reporting deadlines.
- Arranges setup and breakdown of computer equipment for collection of in-game statistics. Exchanges statistics electronically with opponents, conference and NCAA.
- Arranges setup and breakdown of computer equipment for live streaming of home athletic events.
- Submits weekly Centennial Conference reports and Player of the Week nominations.
- Supervises second full time SID. Recruits and supervises student game staff (statisticians, scorers, announcers, other table and game day workers)
- Oversees social media development and implementation.
- Nominates student-athletes for postseason honors, scholarships, and other awards.
- Disseminates departmental information to the campus community. Serves as primary athletic contact with the media.
- Operates within the budget for sports information.
- Maintains Athletic Department websites and other extranets.
- Maintains statistical records and historical archives.
- Attends monthly college Administrative Professional Staff meetings, athletic staff meetings as scheduled, weekly athletic logistics meetings, other special college meetings as announced, and conference meetings.
- When necessary, consults and coordinates with athletic administrators, head coaches, alumni, parents, Administrative Computing, Institutional Advancement, especially Marketing & Communications, on- and off- campus printers, and on- and off-campus sports photographers.
- Work in conjunction with head coaches to write, edit, design and publish sport brochures and game programs.
- Available to travel with teams and work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Performs related duties incidental to the work described herein or as may be assigned by the Athletic Director.
POSSIBLE FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Publish Athletic Department newsletter for distribution to alumni, parents, other interested parties
2. Create wallet sports calendar (pocket schedule).
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- At least 5 years of sports information related experience preferred.
- The successful candidate will develop a fundamental understanding of all HC varsity sports.
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing and web content editing, including but not limited to Photoshop, InDesign, Presto.
- Must have thorough knowledge and familiarity of The Automated Scorebook, StatCrew and Hy-Tek statistical software.
- Familiarity with video editing software.
- Must be familiar with, and follow, NCAA, Centennial Conference and Haverford College rules and regulations.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED certification (upon employment).
Please submit letter of application, résumé, three professional references and two writing samples by April 1 to Bobbi Morgan, Head Basketball Coach, Haverford College,370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA 19041 or email@example.com. Start date on or before July 1. EOE/AA