Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: PURCHASING SPECIALIST
The Purchasing Specialist is a part-time position with benefits, working 30 hours per week. The Purchasing Specialist will provide technical support in the areas of purchasing throughout the campus. Daily responsibilities will include but not limited to processing purchasing documents and materials and responding to related inquires and maintaining vendor/source information and inventories.
Originally posted on: 10/29/13
· Assist in the purchasing of commodities by processing purchase orders and auditing invoices for accuracy within established guidelines and dollar limits
· Research and solve discrepancies, calculate payments and adjustments, and process order returns
· Serve as liaison between vendors and customers
· Record, process, and research various financial and purchasing transactions using Kuali Financial System (i.e. A/P functions, Journal Entries, etc.)
· Manage inventory database, monthly statements, year-end physical inventory report
· Filling campus orders from inventory stock room
· Sourcing and assisting campus staff with special/unique purchases
· Reviews documents and data (i.e. incoming requisitions, past purchases, reconciliations, inventories, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completeness and accuracy of the purchasing process
· Performs general and program specific clerical functions for the purpose of supporting departmental activities (i.e. answering the telephones, distributing purchase orders, scheduling, copying, faxing, etc.)
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Purchasing for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
· Requires physical fulfillment of inventory orders and the ability to lift up to 30 pounds
· Must have previous customer service experience
· Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Must be able to work independently and have the ability to prioritize various tasks
· Exceptional mathematical and multi-tasking skills
To apply please forward cover letter and resume to Nikoletta Millas, Director of Purchasing, firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries please.