Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Digital Media Specialist
The Digital Media Specialist is a full-time 12-month position that serves as a consultant and trainer, as well as producer, for digital media projects including graphic, animation, photo, audio, video, and multimedia materials, for instructional, research, and outreach purposes.
Originally posted on: 07/25/13
Essential Duties Include:
● Consult with faculty of varying levels of expertise to help integrate digital media into teaching and scholarship. Assist faculty in analyzing and evaluating digital media projects created by their students. Occasionally, teach a lab section for classes that use digital media.
● Consult with students of varying levels of expertise to help them integrate digital media into learning and scholarship. Provide hands-on and structured learning opportunities including workshops, tutorials, and written/video documentation about various technologies, especially those used in the creation of digital media. Hold office hours for students who are taking video production classes.
● Produce digital media products for instructional, research, and outreach purposes, such as graphic, animation, photo, audio, video, and multimedia materials. Provide hands-on support to faculty, students, and staff to produce digital media products for instructional, research, and outreach purposes.
● Promote the use of digital media. Organize and support departmental and campus events relating to digital media in teaching and scholarship. Write blog articles to increase exposure and access to digital media.
● Manage digital media production and post-production equipment.
● Manage student media assistants and provide consultation on media production and training on various media equipment and software.
● Keep up with current and emerging technologies, particularly those relating to media production and post-production.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor's degree in multimedia, digital media, film and media production, or related field required.
● A minimum of 3 years of directly related experience.
● Deep knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and Adobe Photoshop.
● Thorough experience configuring and operating audio, video, and photography production equipment, including HD and HDV video cameras, DSLR cameras, scanners, HDV decks, audio mixers, microphones, and lighting kits.
● Knowledge of various video delivery methods including streaming media, social media, and DVDs.
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite production software.
● Experience with digital storytelling process.
● Knowledge of copyright and licensing issues as related to media.
● Excellent customer service, teaching, organization, and communication skills.
● Ability to work collaboratively in teams, manage multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, and take ownership and identify needed action without direction.
● Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
● Ability to troubleshoot problems and provide technical assistance to faculty, students, and staff.
● Motivated to continue learning.
● Thorough experience using and troubleshooting MacOS X and iOS devices.
● Knowledge of HTML5 and CMS such as Drupal.
● Experience teaching video production classes at college level.
● Experience with Avid.
● Master’s degree in Film and media Production, Media Studies or related field.
Please send your cover letter including a link to your portfolio showcasing your multimedia projects, resume, and salary requirement to Hiroyo Saito (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Instructional Technology, IITS.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the job is filled.
Schedule of Work:
Normal schedule is daily Monday through Friday coinciding with the operating hours of the Haverford College. Occasional evening, weekend and holiday work, as assigned.