Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: ADMISSION VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
This is a half-time position, reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving. This position at Haverford College is charged with managing programs for alumni volunteer involvement in the undergraduate admission process, serving both to create and support increased opportunities for productive alumni engagement and to provide assistance to the Admission Office in its efforts to attract qualified candidates and convert admitted applicants to Haverford College first-year students.
Originally posted on: 07/08/13
As part of this program, the Admission Volunteer Coordinator will work closely with the Admission Office to identify needs and opportunities for alumni in several areas including but not limited to the activities listed below both domestically and internationally.
Recruitment, training, and stewardship of alumni volunteers will also involve coordination, where necessary, with fellow Alumni Relations and Annual Giving colleagues. The Volunteer Coordinator is a member of the Alumni Relations and Annual Giving team and has no direct reports.
• Coordinate alumni admission activities with the goal of engaging alumni in activities including but not limited to:
o interviewing applicants (undergoing necessary training)
o participation/presence at college fairs
o hosting and attending admission sessions
o organizing and attending yield events
o assisting with coordination and execution of freshman send-off events (when needed)
• Recruit, train, manage and steward existing and new volunteers by:
o updating on-line volunteer resources
o creating, using Slate, a streamlined volunteer management and training program
o developing an on-line system to connect students who request an interview with alumni volunteers
o investigating use of newer technologies such as Skype to connects students and volunteers
Think critically, strategically and creatively about the tasks and progress of the Alumni Relations and Annual Giving collaboration. Support the team’s efforts to meet engagement, financial and participation goals.
- Other duties as assigned, in accordance with the overall goals of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving.
Education, Training, and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• One to two years of experience in undergraduate admissions, development, or alumni or parent relations, with experience in recruiting and motivating volunteers to successful outcomes
• Demonstrated success in volunteer management
• Familiarity with higher education and/or undergraduate admission processes
Other Skills and Abilities Required:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by clear, concise, and persuasive writing, public speaking, and private discourse. A writing sample may be required
· Ability to work with a variety of constituencies including parents, high-school students, alumni and volunteers
• Maturity to manage several projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment while balancing a .5 FTE work schedule
• High-level proficiency with MS Office programs including MS Word and MS Excel; capable of handling most letter writing, printing and mailing
• Experience with Admission volunteer management system or other custom databases; Raiser’s
Edge and/or Slate experience preferred
This position may require some work on evenings and weekends to support Alumni Relations and Annual Giving Programs.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Catherine Toia, Project Coordinator, Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, Haverford College, 370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA., 19041.