Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Mail/Receiving Clerk
Haverford College seeks a Full-time Mail/Receiving Clerk to work in our fast paced mail center located here on our lovely campus. The candidate must have prior mail room experience, the ability to lift 50 lbs., must be able to operate all mailing, shipping and receiving equipment and have knowledge of the rules, rates and regulations associated with them. Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, and be a team player. Candidate should possess good computer skills.
Originally posted on: 06/27/13
- Operation of Pitney Bowes mailing equipment
- Sorting and casing U.S. and campus mail for students, faculty and staff.
- Operation of Pitney Bowes shipping and receiving equipment.
- Delivery of mail and incoming parcels to various campus departments.
- Prepare parcels for shipment via several vendors.
- Must be a team player.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good computer skills and ability to learn operation of appropriate software
- Knowledge of proper operation of various Pitney Bowes shipping and mailing equipment
- Knowledge of current postal rates and regulations
- Knowledge of various shipping rules and regulations
- Ability to sort and case large amounts of mail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability of comprehend written and oral instructions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have and maintain a clean driver’s record and license
Please send resumes to:
Mail Center/ Receiving Manager
370 Lancaster Ave
Haverford, PA 19041-13992