Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: GIFTS AND RECORDS MANAGER
The Manager is responsible for policies and procedures in gift accounting, processing and acknowledgement, and constituent biographical record creation and maintenance that support programs in Institutional Advancement.
Originally posted on: 05/02/13
He/she establishes procedures and policies and creates and maintains documentation for all Raiser’s Edge database record keeping; ensures integrity of data and builds institution-wide responsibility for data integrity; and directs the annual processing of approximately $20 million-plus in gifts and pledges. The Manager supervises the Gift Records Processor, the Data Entry Specialist, and a team of student workers. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
· Supervises the team whose responsibilities include gift and pledge processing, gift receipts and acknowledgements, and key database entry including career and other biographical data.
· Establishes and modifies all policies and priorities for entering information concerning information into the Raiser’s Edge database to ensure the most accurate and timely data is available to users on campus.
· Sets policies, maintains and creates system tables, oversees data integrity and coordinates with end users to ensure the effective use of the Raiser's Edge system.
· Conducts quality assurance tests and data audits working with the Data Entry Specialist and student workers. This includes reviewing constituent email preferences and data cleanups.
· Answers questions from donors, staff and volunteers as needed regarding gifts and pledges.
· Ensures confidentiality and privacy policies are maintained and followed.
· Collaborates with third-party vendors that provide data enhancement services.
· Designs and provides ongoing training on gifts and records processing.
· Writes user-level documentation for gift processing and other record information.
· Responsible for administering budget.
Education, Experience and Skills
· Bachelor's degree in computer systems, business management or related field or an acceptable combination of experience and education required.
· 3 to 5 years demonstrated experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred.
· Experience in gifts and records office management preferred.
· Supervisory experience required.
· Current knowledge of charitable gift tax laws, FASB and CASE guidelines.
· Understands and abides by a high standard of professional ethics and conduct.
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
· Must be on call for troubleshooting during evenings and weekends as required.
· Must be highly motivated and work independently with minimal supervision.
To apply please forward cover letter, resume and references to:
Diane Wilder, Search Committee Chair
Founders 305, Haverford College, 370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA 19041