Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Financial Aid Counselor/Assistant Director of Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Counselor/Assistant Director of Financial Aid will assist the Associate Director and Director in the overall administration of financial aid. Respond to the needs of students, parents, College faculty/administrators, regarding federal, state, and private aid programs.
Originally posted on: 04/08/13
- First point of contact assisting students, applicants, parents, lenders, governmental and private agencies, staff at Haverford and other colleges and other interested parties regarding financial aid procedures or inquires.
- Ensuring regulatory, policy, and procedural compliance for Federal, State, private, and Haverford aid programs. Counseling students and parents on all aspects of financial aid.
- Performing needs analysis, packaging, awarding, and other processing duties. Processing College, federal, state, private aid using College, federal and third-party software.
- Participating in systems development and maintenance.
- Recommending and assisting in the analysis and development of financial aid processing systems.
- Assisting in organizing, tracking, filing, and maintaining financial aid applications, documents and materials for new and returning students. Some clerical duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director or Director. Night, weekend, holiday work is to be expected as well as out of town travel. May require attendance at workshops, meetings or training sessions, and conducting financial aid presentations on or off campus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Specific knowledge of federal, Pennsylvania, other State, private and Haverford Financial Aid regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent communications and computer skills.
- Well organized.
Training and Experience:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Prefer at least one to two years undergraduate, college, financial aid experience in all areas of Financial Aid.
- Prefer detailed knowledge in all areas of federal, state, private regulations, needs analysis, and packaging.
- Prefer experience and expertise with college financial aid computer systems.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest by May 3, 2013 to Mike Colahan, Associate Director of Financial Aid, 370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA, 19041. Application materials can be emailed to email@example.com.