Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Assistant/Senior Assistant Director – Coordinator of International Recruitment
The Assistant/Senior Assistant Director – Coordinator of International Recruitment will be involved in all aspects of the general admission process: recruitment travel, interaction with prospective students and their families, interviewing, application review, and the selection of candidates. They will also play a critical role in the development, expansion, and implementation of our international recruitment efforts.
Originally posted on: 04/02/13
This person will work with the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid to develop the strategic recruitment plan; will serve as the primary international traveler for the College; will develop and maintain relationships with schools and counselors abroad; and will be the primary reviewer of international applications. The Assistant Director may also be involved in other aspects of admission operations as assigned by the Dean of Admission, depending upon specific skills and interests.
The position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to relate to a broad range of constituents (students, parents, alumni, high school counselors, etc.), an appreciation for and sensitivity to a variety of backgrounds and traditions from which students may come, and the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
A more specific list of responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Traveling within a defined territory to visit high schools, attend college fairs and conferences, and interview students. Travel portfolio will include multiple trips abroad (spread over the fall and spring, and including at least one multi-week trip) as well as a some additional local/national travel.
- Reading and evaluating applications and participating in the committee process to select candidates for admission, including serving as the primary reviewer of international applications.
- Working with the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid in the development of strategic planning for international recruitment and enrollment.
- Interviewing prospective candidates on and off-campus.
- Conducting information sessions.
- Answering admission inquiries from prospective students, parents, high school counselors, and others.
- Planning and implementation of various on and off-campus programs and initiatives.
- Building and maintaining relationships with high schools and community-based organizations.
And may include, but not be limited to:
- Serving as liaison with other campus offices and/or departments.
- Working with alumni admission volunteers.
- Support of day-to-day admission processes.
A bachelor’s degree, a valid driver’s license, and a valid passport are all required at the time employment commences. At least 3-5 years of selective admission or related experience is expected, as well as direct experience working with international admission (experience reviewing applications, familiarity with a variety of foreign educational systems, and experience and comfort traveling internationally). Specific title will depend on experience. This position would report directly to the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid. Please submit a resume and letter of interest by April 19, 2013 to Mr. Jess Lord, Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, 370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA, 19041. Application materials can be emailed to email@example.com.