Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Associate Director, Annual Fund
Haverford College seeks to hire two individuals for the position of Associate Director to work in our Alumni Relations and Annual Giving Department.
Originally posted on: 03/11/13
The Associate Director(s), reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, will primarily be responsible for identifying and securing leadership level Annual Fund gifts for the College by building long-term philanthropic relationships with current and potential donors. Working with a prospect pool of approximately 350, the Associate Director will secure both single-year and multi-year 1833 Society commitments ($1,833 and up) to the Fund as part of a sustainable program that will grow to $6.5 million by the end of the current comprehensive campaign.
- Manage a prospective donor pool of 350 alumni, parent, and friend constituents with a minimum giving capacity of $10,000:
o Work to increase the number of members of The 1833 Society at the highest gift club levels.
o Work closely with Prospect Research to plan individual solicitation strategies in order to move prospects through the Annual Fund prospect management cycle.
o Establish and execute regional travel plans based on priority solicitations and consultation with the Senior Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and the Prospect Research team.
o Work collaboratively with other IA gift officers and administrators on specific prospect assignments and in partnership on individual prospect solicitations.
o Work together with other IA gift officers and administrators to develop specific engagement opportunities for assigned prospects.
o Provide staff coverage at approximately 2-3 College-sponsored events within assigned travel region.
o Metrics: 140-150 visits/annually.
o Secure 7 multi-year Annual Fund commitments.
- Think critically, strategically and creatively about the tasks and progress of the Alumni Relations and Annual Giving collaboration. Support the team’s efforts to meet engagement, financial, and participation goals.
- Other duties as assigned, in accordance with the overall goals of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- One to three years of development experience and/or direct solicitation experience required.
- Knowledge of fundraising and annual giving necessary.
- Travel required and possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license required.
- Night and weekend work required.
- Excellent management, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Familiarity with a liberal arts setting, as well as Haverford’s mission and priorities, is preferred.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and three references to Elizabeth Campbell, email@example.com.