Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: BUDGET DIRECTOR
Haverford College is currently seeking a Budget Director, an administrative position reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration. The Budget Director is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day budget process, including but not limited to the preparation, administration, analysis and maintenance of the College's budget throughout all stages.
Originally posted on: 03/01/13
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the coordination and development of annual operating and capital budgets and financial modeling using an integrated financial model.
· Maintain multiple informational data sets related to the annual budget preparation and analysis of College financial operations and positioning.
· Monitor the results of operating and capital budgets, prepare variance reports and provide summary budgetary status on a regular basis
· Prepare detailed fiscal year-end budgetary reporting on the annual operating results of the College.
· Act as primary staff support for the Administrative Advisory Committee, a campus-based committee consisting of faculty, students, staff and administrators, with responsibility for overseeing the annual budget process and making budget recommendations to the President.
· Responsible for integrating key budgetary and financial information from internal and external sources and identifying trends, opportunities and risks that will inform the budgeting and financial planning process.
· Together with the Vice President and Associate Vice President/Director of Investments, support the work of the Finance Committee of the Board of Managers, preparing agendas and other materials in a timely fashion.
· Prepare and deliver annual budget presentations and recommendations to the Board of Managers.
· Provide assistance to the Vice President in contract review, insurance and risk management and special projects as assigned.
· The Director recommends and implements approved policies, procedures, tools, models and systems to help coordinate, plan, and report on the financial activities of the College.
· Bachelor's degree (MBA or other master's degree preferred).
· Minimum of five years of progressive and successful experience in budgeting, financial management or other relevant experience.
· Excellent technical skills, including the creation and management of complex Excel spreadsheets and database inquiry.
· Experience with higher education or not-for-profit accounting and financial systems preferred.
· Strong organizational and planning skills, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to balance competing demands and priorities.
· Experience within a small college environment, university system or another type of not-for-profit organization is highly desirable.
· Position requires integrity and sound judgment, excellent supervisory, communications and presentation skills, along with the ability to work with a wide range of co-workers in a shared decision-making environment.
Located on a wooded suburban campus less than ten miles from the center of Philadelphia, Haverford College is a highly selective liberal arts institution of over 1,180 students. Founded in 1833, Haverford was the first college established by members of the Society of Friends (Quakers). While the College is not formally affiliated with any religious body today, the values of individual dignity, academic strength, and tolerance upon which it was founded remain central to its character. In addition to providing a great work environment, Haverford offers generous benefits programs, including outstanding medical/dental, vacation, and retirement benefits.
To Apply: Please submit letter of application, resume, and a list of three references to: G. Richard Wynn, Vice President of Finance and Administration, c/o Sandra Dunham, Human Resources Office, Haverford College, 370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA. 19041, or by email to email@example.com.