Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: Senior Administrative Assistant
This position is the primary support person to the Librarian of the College and serves a vital role for the smooth and efficient operation of the Library. She/he reports to the Librarian of the College and works closely with other library colleagues in providing input and support.
Originally posted on: 01/24/13
The position requires office management experience, record keeping skills, and facility with numbers. Time management mastery, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize are vital. The person in this position communicates regularly with the campus and Tri-Co communities, and as such strong communication skills are necessary. The incumbent manages, with the Library’s Bookkeeper, the equipment support and maintenance, ordering supplies and reconciling accounts. S/he will manage the logistical support and promotion of library events.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides primary administrative support to the Librarian of the College.
2. Manages event logistics and publicity of library lecture series, exhibition openings and other programs. Designs promotional material and actively communicates with appropriate and broad constituencies to finalize and promote library events.
3. Manages room reservations and Library event planning and execution within the libraries, other campus venues, and off campus sites.
4. Serves as the Library’s equipment resource person, furnishing data and support in purchase decisions and managing maintenance and repairs when necessary.
5. Manages inventory of supplies for all equipment; maintains supplies for library system. Use of Kuali Financial Systems and other vendor online ordering databases required.
6. Develops and maintains financial reports on a range of library needs requiring a strong sense of fiscal management and responsibility.
7. Administers personnel files for all library staff including student employees. Maintains strict confidentiality in working with the Librarian, Associate Librarian, and the Human Resources Office on matters related to personnel, budget, and payroll.
8. Manages and prepares acknowledgements of gifts to the Libraries.
9. Manages and coordinates the distribution of the Libraries’ newsletter. Coordinates with colleagues in Institutional Advancement regarding library donors and keeping multiple lists of contacts and mailing lists up to date.
10. Assists in coordination of communication within the Libraries, the Tri-Co library system, and on behalf of the Libraries to the campus community.
11. Oversees student assistant(s).
12. Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to manage and execute projects in a timely fashion with accurate results.
· Successful experience with a variety of office management skills and support functions required including: time management skills; desktop computing skills with facility with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Adobe Photoshop; experiences with other software packages and online ordering systems; calendaring systems. Work with websites a plus.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong sense of teamwork and collegiality.
· Capacity and facility to organize and promote events.
· Creativity, resourcefulness, flexibility, and discretion necessary.
· Responsible fiscal management and capacity to order manage and reconcile accounts.
· Attention to detail, accuracy, and capacity to deal with and execute multiple projects on a daily basis.
· Must be able to work independently and responsibly with confidential records, sensitive data, and confidential information.
· 4 Years of responsible administrative support work preferred.
· B.A. or equivalent in training and experience preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume by March 1, 2013 to:
Terry Snyder, Librarian of the College
370 Lancaster Avenue
Haverford, PA 19041
Please no phone calls